Questions Lesson 6:
1. Having examined the entire battle, what should Pleasonton have done differently?
2. What would have been the better strategy to pursue?
3. What should Stuart have done differently?
4. Which force performed better, the Union cavalry or the Confederate cavalry?
5. Having examined the whole battle, should Duffie have been kept with the body of Gregg's force?
6. Having examined the whole battle, what alternative dispositions should Stuart have made?
7. Should the three Union attacks have been better coordinated?
8. Who really won the Battle of Brandy Station?
9. What effect did the surprise and resulting criticism have on JEB Stuart?
10. What effect did its performance at Brandy Station have on the Federal cavalry corps?