QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Was Duffie the right man to command this division?
2. Should his force have gone to Stevensburg in the first place?
3. Instead of staying to fight at Stevensburg, should Duffie have bypassed the town and gone to the sound of the guns at Brandy Station?
4. Should the Confederates have sent a larger force to Stevensburg than two regiments?
5. What would have happened if the 4th Virginia Cavalry had not been routed in the fighting?
6. What would have happened if Butler had not been badly wounded in the fighting?
7. Should Duffie have pressed the attack at Stevensburg, with the intention of destroying the small Confederate force there?