QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. What blame should David Gregg take for the delays in crossing the Rappahannock?
2. What blame must Beverly Robertson bear for the dismal performance of his brigade that day?
3. What would have happened if McClellan's bluff hadn't worked?
4. What role should have been played by Robertson's brigade?
5. Should Gregg have taken a different route to the battle? If he had, what difference would an earlier arrival have made?
6. What difference would the arrival of Duffie's division have made in the fighting?
7. If Buford had not been held back by Pleasonton, and a coordinated attack launched by him and Gregg, what result would there have been?