1. What would have happened to Buford's attack if Grimes Davis had not been killed early on?
2. If Buford's intelligence had been better, would he have launched the attack on St. James Church?
3. If Buford's command had not run into Jones' Brigade immediately across the Rappahannock River, what would have happened?
4. What would have happened to Buford's attacks if Gregg's attack had not been delayed for several hours?
5. What would have happened if Pleasonton had not held Buford back while Gregg's attack went forward?
6. What would have changed in the course of the battle if Buford's attack had succeeded in capturing the Confederate horse artillery?
7. Should Buford have done more with his infantry forces at Brandy Station?