The 50 war prisoners engaged in the work are placing poles for the stockade to surround the camp and are clearing space for concrete floors to be poured for kitchens, mess halls and the like. The men arrived Sunday morning and immediately began their work in the field where U. S. Army troops were stationed in 1938. The military reservation which will house the prisoners is bounded on the east by the Emmitsburg road, on the south by the railroad line, and the Earl Waybright property on the north, forming a rough triangle containing about 15 acres.
"The prison camp at Gettysburg is a military reservation just as any Army camp and is thus restricted for all visitors. "No one may park along the Emmitsburg road within the area of the camp and cars must slow down while passing the camp.
Captain Thomas and his officers are quartered in one of the cabins at the Waybright cabin establishment at present and have made their cabin headquarters for the outfit.
Captain Thomas has as members of his staff First Lieutenant J. P. Noulware and First Lieutenant Gray who head a contingent of about fifteen men at the present time. When the camp is built and the estimated approximately 300 prisoners brought here the U. S. Army guarding the Germans will number about 90 men.